Field Sales Solutions
Amplity Health Commercial Solutions designs and implements tailored, effective customer engagement field teams
How field sales solutions can help
Significant market share gains
Valuable field insights and analysis
Increased access to product targets
Exceeded delivery of key performance indicators outlined by client partner
Answering the 3 Key Questions Pharma Must Consider When Deploying Field Reimbursement Managers at the Launch of a New Specialty Brand
Field Reimbursement Managers are highly skilled professionals operating in a specialized non-sales role supporting healthcare professionals and office staff in defined territories. FRMs use their extensive knowledge of insurance coverage, patient assistance programs, and the local reimbursement landscape to provide one-on-one support throughout the reimbursement journey. Despite their important role, some new-product brand teams are uncertain, or even doubtful, of the importance of deploying an FRM team at launch. This article addresses three key questions regarding the deployment of Field Reimbursement Managers at the launch of a new specialty brand.
Reframing Key Account Management in the Specialty Drug Era
When the Greek philosopher Heraclitus wrote “There is nothing permanent except change,” he probably wasn’t thinking about the modern pharmaceutical industry. Nevertheless, his notion of the constancy of change fits our business perfectly. Indeed, today’s healthcare delivery model is dramatically different from what it was in 1990, with profound changes in the number and power of stakeholders, extraordinary alterations in the type and cost of new drugs, and rapid shifts in the way those drugs are paid for. These changes have left yesterday’s sales models less and less effective and opened the door to new sales models that better accommodate today’s marketplace realities. This article describes several of the forces at play and connects them to the resultant rise in the deployment and success of Key Account Managers.
Hybrid Sales Solutions
For additional flexibility, hybrid sales representatives combine the benefits of field representatives and inside sales representatives
How hybrid teams can help
With a deep understanding of the channel and data, we’ll partner with you to formulate the appropriate amount and type of engagement to meet the goals of your brand’s strategy.
Blended in-person and remote commercial team delivers 18:1 ROI
The COVID-19 pandemic has been the catalyst to change the way the pharmaceutical industry (pharma) engages with their customers. This case study illustrates how Amplity’s flexible, blended engagement model is tailored to each customer’s needs leveraging the benefits of remote and in-person promotion, optimizing the promotional mix across personal and non-personal channels, and ultimately providing relevant, timely, and credible information to target HCPs. This case study shares both the strategy and result of a blended sales team.
Committed to ensuring patients have access to the therapies they need
Market entry and growth strategies that achieve a balance between patient access and business feasibility
Access trends we are helping clients navigate today
- Omnichannel marketing and the impact of increased virtual engagements on access
- Companion diagnostics to locate patients with rare/ultra-rare diseases
- Gene-therapy cost versus expense and how payers control these costs (innovative contracting toward outcomes and payment plans)
- Institutional setting: Tightening of budgets with the slowing of elective procedures and reduction of staff (COVID, immunization status, etc.)
- Rx access: CVS downsizing by 900 stores (announced November 21, 2021).
- How will this impact patients? Mail order increase?
- Impact of third parties disrupting the distribution space (e.g., Amazon and Mark Cuban launching their own pharmacies)
- Generic company competition (e.g., CVS created “Red Oak” manufacturing and is distributing generics with Cardinal Health)
- President Biden’s plans to address high drug prices – impact analysis and what it means for consumers
- Ecosystem model impact of go-to-market implementation for many clients
- Long-term care patients shifting to home health
Did you know?
- Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) own more than half of all oncology practices and administer more than half of the “buy and bill” brands
- More than two-thirds of all pharamceutical claims flow through 3 PBMs: Caremark, Express Scripts, and OptumRx
- Pharma companies paid $187 billion in rebates in 2020
- The top 5 commercial payers own more than 50% of covered lives: OptumRx, 15%; Anthem, 13%; Aetna, 11%; Cigna, 10%; and Kaiser, 7%
- Federal agencies account for 6% of covered lives, with VA/DoD accounting for more than 18.5 million beneficiaries
Amplity designs go-to-market access strategies that minimize physician hassles and patient cost-sharing barriers to support smooth market entry and adoption:
- Market landscape assessments
- Launch roadmaps
- Strategic and tactical brand plans
- Patient journey mapping
- Market research
- Advisory boards
- Forecasting and modeling
- Product positioning and competitive strategy
- Surrogate account management teams
We constantly examine the market dynamics that impact our clients’ competitive landscapes to provide targeted tactical adjustments that drive sales:
- Brand diagnostics
- Growth strategies
- Modeling and forecasting
- Market opportunity assessments
- Whiteboard exploratory sessions
- Companion diagnostic strategies
Leveraging our expertise and established relationships, our team facilitates the negotiation of WAC and net price combinations that exceed industry norms:
- Value stories and messaging development
- Payer contracting
- Launch pricing
- Reimbursement strategies
- Competitive pricing and contracting strategies
- Loss-of-exclusivity strategies
Amplity leverages established relationships to ensure our clients and federal decision makers are making informed choices that optimize patient access to the therapies they need.
- Centers of Excellence partnerships
- Freedom of Information Act data
- Veterans Affairs, Department of Defense / TRICARE, and Indian Health Service optimization
- Federal-agency-specific strategies and modeling
- Contract modeling w/statutory pricing considerations
- Federal Supply Schedule contracting
- Joint National Contract optimization
- Corporate exigency and stockpiling contracting
- BARDA, DARPA, and NIH RFP support, account management, and collaboration design
Introducing the new Federal playbook
The traditional challenges and opportunities associated with the Federal segment have changed. We've created a playbook to help our clients understand the new imperatives to success.
Designed by former VA and DoD decision makers, this playbook contains the strategies and tools needed to establish a high ROI engagement framework. Click below to learn how we can partner to both formulate the optimal Federal market access strategy, and also implement it effectively.
Meet our Market Access experts
Amplity has extensive experience across delivery channels (commercial, IDN, government) in a wide range of therapeutic areas. This enables us to partner with clients to ensure patients gain access to the right medicines for the right reasons. Our practice offers a rich pool of payer Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and many of our consultants held roles as pharmacy- and medical-benefit decision makers that drive and control the market. Our access to these unique resources, combined with our ability to leverage our medical and data assets, supports powerful market positioning for our clients. Meet two members of our team by watching the below videos:
"I learn something from you every time I am on a call with you."